这些小活动你都参加了吗?快来围观一下吧!>>
电子产品世界 » 论坛首页 » 综合技术 » 通讯及无线技术 » How to master dsp

共2条 1/1 1 跳转至

How to master dsp

菜鸟
2003-01-25 03:25:06     打赏
1. Go to www.dspguide.com and download brilliant book of Mr.Smith's "The Scientist and Engineer's Guide to Digital Signal Processing". This is an exellent book. It will give you a false impression that the DSP is very simple and will stimulate your interest in the area. I think it's name is not correct. The real title is "Dummy's Guide to DSP without Math". It costs you $0, but it inspire people to learn DSP. 2. Buy some DSP Starter Kit. TI & AD sell them for $300-$400.You very soon discover that Kit is useless for you, because your background is not good enough. I bought a kit and found that is is just a different PC with the specific peripherals.I put it on the shelf and started reading more serious books.Your greed won't allow you to give up DSP, "I hate this DSP, but I already paid money, I don't like to lose $400". In fact, you don't know yet, that you will pay much more. 3. Buy some serious book, like "Descrete Time Signal Processing Systems" by Alan Oppenheim. That's the most difficult period in your DSP career. After reading first chapters you feel like absolute nonentity. I had desire to give up many times reading this book. I thought I am good in calculus, but I still had lots of problems. I hated DSP, Oppenheim and asked myself why don't give up and go shephard goats. If this book was my first DSP book and I did not paid $400 for DSK and $100 for Oppenheim I would probably never been DSP guy. Great thanks to Mr.Smith!!! His book is absolute shit as DSP teaching book, but his book is great for making person interested in DSP! Many thanks to Mr.Smith,who helped me to go through this very difficult way of self taughting DSP. It's Mr.Oppenheim who taught me DSP, but it's Mr.Smith who inspired me to pay $500 for DSK and Oppenheim.Read the book even if you don't understand many things! Sometimes you start to uderstand chaper 3 after reading chapter 5. Reread chapters several times. Don't be nervous when you don't understand, you are not alone. Sometimes I just started understand things after reading things three times. I still don't understand several things in Oppenheim, but I feel much more comfortable now. 4. Now take you DSK from the shelf and try to implement simple projects. My first project was sine generator. The task was easy, but it still required me a couple of monthes to read several volumes about serial ports, codecs, registers, etc and experiment. It requires a half an hour to implement sine generator using board support library, but it's useless. I implemented it in assembly language for 54xx and got pretty nice understanding of what DSP, McBSP, DMA, codec are. The sound was awfull - I had problems with syncronisation. Then go and implement several more serious projects. Use mathlab/simulink to model your systems. You will save many nerve cells if you model system before implementing it. After you can implement DTMF generator/receiver you are a real junior DSP engeneer!My Congratulations, you managed to overcome so many troubles! You are a hero! :-) 5. Find a job as DSP engeneer. I wish the Crisis is over when you finish the prevoius stages. Your way may be different. I described my way here. Do not expect things will be easy there, if you want to become REAL DSP guy. There are DSP guys that does not know what nulls and poles are - they can open reference book and see tables of coefficients. We don't respect such people, they choosed easy way but they are not real DSP guys, they are coders that don't uderstand what they code. Go on boy! I wish you good luck!!! Anton Zemlyanov just a DSP guy :-)

关键词: master    

菜鸟
2003-06-10 17:47:00     打赏
2楼
文章不错,值得推荐

共2条 1/1 1 跳转至

回复

匿名不能发帖!请先 [ 登陆 注册 ]