Solution Engineer (Contractor)
National Instruments is seeking talented contractor Solution Engineers.
Position Overview and Responsibilities: The primary responsibilities of this position are to work with NI customers, sales personnel, engineering and alliance partners to define, document, design and deploy NI products tailored to meet specific customer requirements for large scale turnkey engineering solutions. The ideal candidate has experience and knowledge regarding NI products and system level design.
Core Job Responsibilities:
This is a multi functional role dealing with diverse engineering needs to design custom solutions, and to deploy solutions worldwide. The roles will include:
- Working and interacting with a wide variety of NI staff and external alliance partners in systems engineering, software design, hardware design, and fixture design in support of custom solutions
- Generating requirements document and statements of work
- Specifying, designing, prototyping, testing, and deploying turnkey test solutions
- Defining and implementing project plans, managing milestones and holding reviews to assure systems are meeting requirements and ready for deployments
- Traveling as needed (possibly up to 50%) domestically and abroad in support of project objectives
- B. S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Electronics Engineering Technology or higher
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience in a Systems Design Role, Application Engineering, Technical Field Sales or a Test Engineering Design role.
- Strong understanding of electrical engineering, electronics & computer architectures
- Strong understanding of basic programming languages (LabVIEW, TestStand, C/C++/C#)
- Demonstrated understanding of the following concepts and principles:
1. Sources of measurement error
2. Appropriate selection of instrumentation and equipment layout
3. Integration of hardware and software
4. Familiar with schematic capture tools and PCB design
5. Familiar with CAD tools
6. Statistical analysis of data (Cp, Cpk, GR&R).
- Demonstrated ability to:
1. Work effectively in a group development environment
2. Structure problem solving skills - diagnose technical issues and propose reasonable solutions
3. Take initiative, be a self-starter, and work independently
4. Persistently drive tasks and lead projects to successful completion
5. Quickly learn applicable technology, systems, and products
- Strong work ethic and drive to succeed
On top of standard requirement listed in the doc, we are emphasizing the following specific skills:
1. Experienced in using LabVIEW or other equivalent engineering programming tools, LabVIEW is a significant plus.
2. Capable of calibrating and characterizing test equipment to optimize measurement accuracy, experience with NI's products is a plus.
3. Experienced in developing test solutions to fulfill customer requirements.
4. Able to communicate (written and spoken) in English and Chinese.
If you are ready for an exciting career with excellent growth opportunities, please send your resume in both English and Chinese with transcript, and salary expectation to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Solutions Program Manager/Project Manager
Position Overview and Responsibilities
In this role you will work with a wide and diverse set of engineering resources, services resources, customers and vendors to manage custom solutions throughout the opportunity, implementation, deployment, and production phases. Responsibilities include: identifying system elements and processes needed for success, coordination of resources to meet deliverables, coordination of vendors and partners, managing customers and internal stakeholders, identifying and managing risks to deliverables, and providing guidance for solutions system integration.
Core Job Responsibilities
1.Plan, execute, and oversee successful completion of custom system projects based on NI platforms
2.Review project performance and quality
3.Provide mentorship and develop others
4.Use independent judgment to design and develop custom solutions
5.Scoping, sizing and estimating project cost during the opportunity phase
6.Present custom solutions proposals and recommendations to customers
7.Accurately identify and communicate internal and external customers’ needs
8.Oversee system integration schedules and timelines
9.Utilize project approaches to manage resources, schedule, timeframe, and quality
10.Develop detailed statements of work and MOUs with partners
11.Coordinate vendors and partners
12.Domestic and international travel of about 50% is required to support project objectives such as the following:
· Coordinate NI system development and deployment activities at customer sites
· Lead NI engineers to ensure NI system that developed or deployed at contract manufacturer sites meet customer requirements in stability and reliability
· Interact with customers to lead the resolution of NI system issues at customer sites
· Meet customers to negotiate on deliverables
1.BS degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
2.7+ years’ experience with system integration projects in the test and measurement industry
3.First hand experience creating solutions with NI products
4.Strong communication abilities
5.Strong understanding of business concepts and impact
6.PMP certification is a plus
7.Demonstrated ability to:
· Select project management approaches that will lead to project success
· Persistently drive tasks and lead programs to successful completion
· Work effectively in a group development environment
· Develop successful solutions to close schedule gaps
If you are ready for an exciting career with excellent growth opportunities, please send your resume in both English and Chinese with transcript, related certificates and salary expectation to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.